Guess who ranks number 7 out of the US TV Guide’s 2013 ‘The Nastiest Villains of All Time’ list?
Let me give you a few clues about the memorable antagonist everyone loved to hate:
· She exchanged wedding vows with four men
· Was left a widow twice
· Divorced two husbands
· Is bent on destroying husband Number One
· Smokes Nat Sherman cigarillos
· Was schooled in Switzerland
· Dropped out of The Royal Academy of Arts
· Lives for lip gloss
· Wears hat exquisitely
· Born a Gemini
· Worked as an artist’s model in Belgium
· Has a one-night stand with her cousin’s husband
· Weds her first husband’s super-rich arch-rival
· Nearly drowns
· Has a secret ex-jailbird sister
· Resorts to firing a shotgun to what she wants
· Owns a Rocky Mountain newspaper
· Uses shoulder pads as her armour
· Sashays about in satin nightgowns - also equipped with shoulder pads
· Had a baby kidnapped
· Falsely assigns different fathers to her children other than their own to stir up the nest
· Drips in diamonds, rubies and emeralds
· Favours furs and stilettos
· Lived in Acapulco for a spell
· Spews venom in an exquisite British accent
· Owns a five-star hotel and an enviable percent of an oil company
· Provoked her ex-husband’s angelic wife to the point of a cat-fight that held viewers across the globe spellbound!
Her name – a mouthful of mouthfuls - is Alexis Morrell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan.
Joan Collins played the role to purrfection. I have had the privilege of seeing 'La Collins' in London, close-up. She sat at a table next to mine at a restaurant on Beauchamp Place called San Lorenzo. Petite, immaculately coiffed and in full seamless make-up, the brunette commanded a table that sat eight people.
But rather that reek of Poison, her perfume was that of Joy, as she and her real family enjoyed a merry lunch out. Lucky for us, this English actress is anything but a Shebug in real life... Bravo Joan!